Tis the Season...

>> Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's that time of the year to put aside petty differences. To stop thinking about ways to piss off your extremely annoying neighbors, and remember what the season is all about... cookies.

I love the holidays. I love cookies and cakes and all other things sweet. Yesterday I put on my apron and my bakers hat and basked in a confectioners glow.

I sent Marvin and the kids out of the house. To be honest I didn't care where they went, as long as it was away. I think he spent half of the day driving around the mall parking lot, and half sleeping in the car at the library.

With them out of my hair, I was able to make fudge and peanut brittle. I painted happy faces of tiny gingerbread men and I rolled up cream filled pumpkin rolls. It was wonderful. I turned the music up (non holiday I assure you) and sang and danced, whilst sipping my wine. All was definitely well with the world.

Seven had the couches all to himself and he occasionally looked up, grinned and approved of my happiness. Yes, dogs can grin.

When the family finally returned home, we ate cookies until we all felt ill. Gotta love the holidays.

What's your favorite thing about this time of year?
~NM

I'm reading: Tis the Season...Tweet this!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP