Sweet Pea Has a Potty Mouth

>> Friday, November 14, 2008

In the 3+ years of her existence, we (well me) have introduced Sweet Pea to a vast array of skid marked vocabulary. Some of her favorite words include: poop, turd, turdburger, poopcake, poobbles, and crap.

She likes to use them in sentences like:

You stinkin' turdburger!
or
You smelly poopcake!
and
That's crap!

While I am impressed with her sentence structure, I am worried about her starting school. I don't think they would find it nearly as humorous as I do.

We had the chance to discuss this situation not too long ago. I am always surprised by her maturity. "You know Sweet Pea,” I said, “we really shouldn't be talking like that."

"I won't talk about poop at school," she replies. She really wants to go to school.

"I know you won't. I was thinking we should probably stop talking like that around here too... to make it easier. Maybe we should just say something else instead of turdburger..."

"We can say sparkles." she said.

She's brilliant.
Princess on the outside; poop flinging butt-monkey on the inside.

Having kids is pretty cool.
~NM

I'm reading: Sweet Pea Has a Potty MouthTweet this!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP