Resolutions

>> Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A few years ago, I actually sought the help of a medical professional to deal with certain... neurotic behaviors. While she insisted I was not OCD, I did have OCD tendencies that she requested I keep an eye on; for instance, excessive hand washing and counting. She convinced me I did this for comfort and not because I was obsessive or compulsive. I didn't mention redoing certain household chores that my dearest husband attempted, because they were completely wrong (ie. secretly refolding his poor attempts at folding laundry)

I decided my New Year's resolution would be to perfect this obsessive compulsive behavior. Mommy always said "perfect practice makes perfect".

I like the idea of being obsessive about things. Right now I am obsessively lazy. I know there is dust on my baseboards, but I was too distracted watching videos on YouTube to take care of it... until today.

I will not put off until tomorrow what I can obsess over today.

What's your New Year's Resolution?

I'm reading: ResolutionsTweet this!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP